Date of entry into force: 2018/05/25
As your privacy is very important to us, we show how we collect and use your personal data, which is provided on the Turisbook online booking platform.
We also know about the options you have about the use of your personal data and how you can access and update them.
1 - Data collection
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Partner data (hotel units)
- User data:
- Your first and last name, email address, phone number and address;
- Credit card details
- type of card, credit card number, name of holder, expiration date and security code
- Information about your stay, such as:
- arrival and departure dates,
- special requests made, remarks and preferences of intended services (including room preferences, amenities or any other services used);
- The data you provide about your marketing preferences or participation in questionnaires, promotional offers;
You can always choose which of your personal data you want to provide. By choosing not to provide certain data, you may have an impact on your dealings with our partners (hotels, and other accommodation properties).
2 - Use and share
We use and share your personal data for the following purposes:
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete your reservation with our partners (hotel units) and manage your online reservation.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we will contact you by email, by mail, by phone or by text message, depending on the contact information you share with us.
- There may be several reasons for this, including:
- We may need to respond and handle requests that you have made.
3 - Cookies
What are cookies
Cookies are text files sent by web sites visited by users to be stored on your computer. Through the information made available to the owner of the website, cookies allow better navigation performance, making it easier for users to access the information they are looking for. As such, cookies do not identify the user, but only the computer used. Cookies are not used to collect personal information.
Cookies and our site
What kind of cookies do we use
- Permanent cookies: These are cookies that are stored at the browser level in your access devices (pc, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you re-visit one of our websites, allowing you to use some features.
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze your navigation allowing access to restricted and secure areas.
- Analytic Cookies: Allows you to get statistics for better website operation.
- Advertising Cookies: Limit the number of times an ad is viewed by a user by helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising on our websites.
Web browsers allow you to exercise some control of cookies through your web browser settings. Most web browsers allow you to block cookies or block cookies from specific websites. Web browsers can also help you clear your cookies when you close your web browser. It should be noted however, that this may mean that any opt-outs or preferences defined on the site will be lost.
Please note that by opting out of cookies, you may also limit the use of general websites on this computer. To learn more about cookies, including how to see how cookies were created and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
which includes information on how to manage your settings for the various web browsers.
4 - Security, fraud detection and prevention
We use the information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and by external consultants.
5 - Legal scope
In certain cases, we may use the information you provide, which may include personal data, to handle and resolve legal disputes or complaints, for legal investigations, or to execute agreements, or to comply with legal required by law.
If we use automated means to process personal data that have legal effects or that significantly affect you, we will implement appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
6 - Legal basis
In view of the foregoing, we depend on the performance of a contract.
- The use of your data may be necessary to perform the contract you have with us, for example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to fulfill our obligation to complete and manage this reservation according to the contract we have with you.
- Taking into account points 4 and 5, we depend on your legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as offering you the most appropriate content on our website, e-mail and newsletters, in a manner to improve and promote our products and services, and the content of our website. This is also done due to administrative reasons, legal purposes and for fraud detection. By using personal data to meet our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests in the protection of your information against our rights and interests.
- Whenever necessary, under applicable law, we will obtain your consent before processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If necessary, according to applicable law, we will ask for your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through any of the contacts listed at the end of this Privacy Statement.
7 - Data sharing
The TurisBook.com online booking platform, owned and managed by Neteuro Serviços Internet, Lda, based in Almancil, processes the reservations of its partners (hotel units) to provide the online booking service.
The information you provide in this web platform will be shared with Turisbook partners. This information may include personal information such as your name, your contacts, payment details, guests who travel with you and any preferences you have specified when making a reservation. Turisbook sends a confirmation and / or cancelation email and will provide information about the selected accommodation for your stay. Turisbook may use your data for technical, analytical and marketing purposes. This includes that your data may also be shared with other Turisbook partners for review, with the purpose of presenting you deals related to stays that may be of interest to you and offering a personalized service. If necessary, according to applicable law, Turisbook.com will first request your consent. If you have questions about the processing of your personal data by turisbook.com, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data may be shared with Neteuro Serviços Internet, Lda located in Almancil, the company that assists the online booking platform Turisbook.com will provide your information, which may include personal data, for the purposes described above.
External Service Providers: We use service providers to process your personal data exclusively on our behalf. This processing is done for the purposes included in this Privacy Statement, such as sending promotional material or analytical support services. These service partners are required to comply with confidentiality clauses and are not authorized to use your personal data for their own purposes or for any other purpose.
We disclose personal information to law enforcement officials and other governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law or if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or execution of criminal acts and fraud.
8 - Security
Neteuro Servi-los Internet, Lda complies with reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and misuse of information, including personal data. We use appropriate corporate systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information, including personal data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions to access and use personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are allowed to access personal data in the course of their work.
9 - Retention of information
10 - Your Choices and Rights
We want you to have control over how we use your personal information. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can request a copy of the personal data we have about you;
- You can inform us of any changes in your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any personal data we have about you;
- In some situations, you may ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of personal data we have about you, or to dispute certain ways in which we use your personal data;
- In some situations, you may also ask us to send the personal information you have provided to us to third parties.
Where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to revoke your permission at any time, subject to applicable law. In addition, wherever we process your personal data based on legitimate or public interests, you have the right to dispute at any time the use of your personal data, subject to applicable law.
We count on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Please notify us immediately about any change or incorrect information in your personal data when you contact email@example.com We will deal with your request in accordance with the laws in force.
11 - Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights under this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact your local data protection authority about any question or complaint.
12 - Changes to this Notice